Code of Conduct
We strive to provide a safe and welcoming environment to all dancers. To make it clear what is expected, any individual involved in or attending classes, events, socials, practices, etc. is expected to abide by the following guidelines.
Zero tolerance harassment policy
Harassment includes, but is not limited to the following:
• offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race/ethnicity, religion, age, or dance experience.
• deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, unauthorized photography or recording
• sustained disruption of performances, dance lessons or social dancing
• inappropriate/unwanted physical contact
• unwelcome sexual attention including cat-calling, whistling, staring
If you experience or witness any code violation, you are not alone. We believe you. Help is available. Violations are never acceptable and not your fault. Everyone deserves to feel safe. Please contact the instructor/director/organizer/DJ in charge if comfortable doing so. They should be ready/willing to help and alert law enforcement, if appropriate. All reports are confidential.
If you cannot find someone to report violations to or do not feel comfortable, you can alternatively fill out this form anonymously or call the DVIS 24-hour Crisis Line 918-743-5763 or 918-7HELP.ME to speak with an advocate. You can also text the DVIS Help Line from 8pm-1am. Text SAFE to 207-777.
Anyone violating this code of conduct in any way will be asked to stop the behavior and leave immediately. We reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to expulsion from the event, deny/revoke/ban attendance at any time, for any reason.
National Sex Assault Hotline 1800.656.HOPE or 1800.656.467